Here are the basics of packing a box for your move:
• Start with a good quality box and reinforce the box with an extra strip of packing tape.
• Place a dish towel, small bath towel or bubble wrap in the bottom of the box if packing fragile items.
• Place heavy items in the bottom of the box and lighter ones on top.
• Wrap items with packing paper or bubble wrap to reduce scratching. Do not use newspaper because the ink may rub off on your items.
• Pack your boxes full. Fill extra space with towels, pillows, stuffed animals or crumpled up paper.
• Do not over pack boxes; bulging box sides can damage surrounding boxes and not protect what is inside.
• Finally, label every box with a list of contents.
Remember, the best way to protect your items during a move is to pack your boxes carefully and use the strap system inside your portable storage unit. If you need some advice, call the UNITS customer care at 414-476-8648.