Moving Checklist – 2 Weeks Before Moving
- Contact your financial institution to transfer or close accounts. Clear your safety deposit boxes and pick up some cash for “on the road” expenses.
- Confirm travel arrangements for pets, plants and family.
- Confirm mobile storage unit placement and obtain any permits.
- Put together a folder of important information about the house for the new owner (garage door access code, security system, appliance warranties, etc).
- Ask friends and family that have keys to your house to dispose of the key.
Mobile storage units allow you to stay in control of your move. You pack your belongings with care and are the only one with the key to the mobile storage unit. Contact UNITS Mobile Storage of Milwaukee at 414-476-8648 (UNIT) to stay in control of your move whether you are moving across county or just in the metro Milwaukee area.