Moving In Checklist
- When you arrive at your new home, check appliances, utilities and heating/cooling systems to prevent unpleasant surprises. Arrange for repairs if necessary.
- Make sure your new phone service is working and that you can receive mail.
- Clean your new home and get ready for your UNIT to arrive.
- When your UNIT portable storage container arrives, show the driver where you want it placed.
- Start unloading, but remember you have days or weeks or as long as you need to unload. This is one of the many benefits of using a portable storage container when moving.
- Remove “last load” and “essential boxes” first.
- Start unloading and placing furniture and boxes in the designated room. Now the floor plan and box labeling really pays off.
- Setup essentials first (i.e. microwave, coffee maker, alarm clock, beds).
- Setup kitchen and bathrooms first. Once these rooms are functioning, you can focus on the rest of the house at a more relaxed pace.
- Have some fun. Take time to enjoy your new surroundings. Help the kids and pets get settled in their new home.
- After your goods are unloaded, contact UNITS at 414-486-8648 to have your portable storage container picked-up.
- Make sure the UNIT is free from debris and swept. On the day of pick-up make sure the UNIT is unlocked!
UNITS Mobile Storage of Milwaukee wants to thank you, once again, for your business. It was a pleasure being your portable storage container company!